Friday, October 9, 2009

Last Minute Preparations

The saddlebags are full and the winter gear is ready to take on any weather that good old mother nature (or should I say mother Minnesota?) can send us. This evening, I had a wonderful meeting with State Auditor Rebecca Otto, who is going to host the Bike MN 350! team at her home along our route. Rebecca and her husband Sean have made their home 80% carbon neutral, with a wind turbine, solar, and geothermal energy. It always feels good when you find out that there are actually representatives who practice what they preach.

This August, when the idea for this epic bike trek first came to me, I thought that it would be a piece of cake. Little did I know what I was getting myself into. Now, after two months of planning, and phone tag, of gearing up and saddling down, this adventure is about to become reality.

Until next time,
Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment